Follow along as Jeremy Kimm chases a Victoria, BC, birding record!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baillie Birdathon Update

The Baillie Birdathon supports two great causes - Bird Studies Canada and the Rocky Point Bird Observatory. This is primarily BSC's baby, but RPBO gets a cut of everything I raise, and the more I raise, the bigger the cut is for our local banding station!

I have finalized the date that I will be participating, and the clock will run from 12:00am on May 21, 2011, until 11:59pm on May 21, 2011, in keeping with ABA Big Day Rules. During this 24 hour timeframe, I will be birding pretty much non-stop, in an attempt to see as many species as possible.

Please consider sponsoring me, and please consider passing the below link on to those you know who could support this endeavour! A reminder that all donations/sponsorships over $10 will be receipted by Bird Studies Canada.

http://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1914&AID=1491&PID=197376

Now if you are up for a real challenge, consider pledging on a per species basis! What fun would a Big Day be without that? Contact me via email if you are interested.

I also welcome any company for a part or all of the 24 hours, so feel free to drop me a line if you are interested in joining me for some worthwhile birding in your neighbourhood! I am not sure where the day will take me, but I am open to suggestions!

Good birding,

No comments:

Post a Comment