Follow along as Jeremy Kimm chases a Victoria, BC, birding record!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Whimbrels and Birdathons

Well, no luck yesterday on the Lewis' Woodpecker, though we did put in a valiant effort. This morning, fortune was more on my side, with 3 Whimbrel on the Victoria Golf Course.

Now on to more important things..... On May 21, I will be participating in the Baillie Birdathon to raise funds for Bird Studies Canada and Rocky Point Bird Observatory. The more I raise, the bigger the cut that Rocky Point gets.

My 24-hour birding odyssey will take me up and down the South Island, and where it stops, no one knows.

In my fundraising efforts, I have decided to sweeten the pot a little bit, and everyone who donates $20 or more to the Birdathon through my link at the bottom of this post will be entered to win the limited edition lithograph "Signature of the Swans" by Sue Coleman. This 22" X 14" print is sure to draw attention. (Please note, print is packaged with certificate, and is unframed).



Special thanks to Sue Coleman for making the purchase of this print possible!

Below is the link, please do feel free to pass it along. Bird Studies Canada, Rocky Point Bird Observatory, and the birds will all win!

http://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1914&AID=1491&PID=197376

No comments:

Post a Comment